Professional Taxes

Our mission at Professional Taxes is centered around empowering you to achieve your full potential. We are committed to providing you with effective and efficient solutions that allow you to spend more time to focus on your priorities. For over 25 years, we have been a reliable partner in delivering top-quality accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, and tax preparation services to our community. Your success is at the heart of everything we do!

Professional Tax and Bookkeeping Services in Punta Gorda, FL

Required documents for tax filing preparation

  • Your social security number or tax ID number
  • Your spouse’s full name and social security number or tax ID number
  • Valid Driver License or ID card for each person
  • Last year’s tax return (if this is your first time working with us)
Dependent(s) Information
  • Dates of birth and social security numbers or tax ID numbers
  • Childcare records (including the provider’s tax ID number) if applicable
  • Income of other adults in your home
  • Form 8332 showing that the child’s custodial parent is releasing their right to claim a child to you, the noncustodial parent (if applicable)
  • Employed
    • Forms W-2
  • Unemployed
    • Unemployment, state tax refund (1099-G)
  • Self-Employed
    • Forms 1099, Schedules K-1, income records to verify amounts
      not reported on 1099s
    • Records of all expenses — check registers or credit card
      statements, and receipts
    • Business-use asset information (cost, date placed in service,
      etc.) for depreciation
    • Office in home information, if applicable
    • Record of estimated tax payments made (Form 1040–ES)
  • Rental Income
    • Rental asset information (cost, date placed in service, etc.) for
    • Record of estimated tax payments made (Form 1040–ES)
    • Records of income and expenses
  • Retirement Income
    • Pension/IRA/annuity income (1099-R)
    • Traditional IRA basis (i.e., amounts you contributed to the
      IRA that were already taxed)
    • Social security/RRB income (1099-SSA, RRB-1099)
  • Savings & Investments or Dividends
    • Interest, dividend income (1099-INT, 1099-OID, 1099-DIV)
    • Income from sales of stock or other property (1099-B,
    • Dates of acquisition and records of your cost or other basis in
      property you sold (if basis is not reported on 1099-B)
    • Health Savings Account and long-term care reimbursements
      (1099-SA or 1099-LTC)
    • Expenses related to your investments
    • Record of estimated tax payments made (Form 1040–ES)
  • Other Income & Losses
    • Gambling income (W-2G or records showing income, as well
      as expense records)
    • Jury duty records
    • Hobby income and expenses
    • Prizes and awards
    • Trusts
    • Royalty Income 1099–Misc.
    • Any other 1099s received
    • Record of alimony paid/received with ex-spouse’s name and
    • Settlement statement(s) for sold property(ies)
  • Home Ownership
    • Forms 1098 or other mortgage interest statements
    • Real estate and personal property tax records
    • Receipts for energy-saving home improvements (e.g., solar panels, solar water heater)
    • All other 1098 series forms
  • Charitable Donations
    • Cash amounts donated to houses of worship, schools, other charitable organizations
    • Records of non-cash charitable donations
    • Amounts of miles driven for charitable or medical purposes
  • Medical Expenses
    • Amounts paid for healthcare insurance and to doctors, dentists, hospitals
  • Health Insurance
    • Form 1095-A if you enrolled in an insurance plan through the Marketplace (Exchange)
    • Form 1095-B and/or 1095-C if you had insurance coverage through any other source (e.g., an employer, insurance company, or government health plan such as Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, TRICARE, VA, etc.)
    • Marketplace exemption certificate (ECN) if you applied for and received an exemption from the Marketplace (Exchange)
  • Childcare Expenses
    • Fees paid to a licensed day care center or family day care for care of an infant or preschooler
    • Wages paid to a baby-sitter Don’t include expenses paid through a flexible spending account at work
  • Educational Expenses
    • Forms 1098-T from educational institutions
    • Receipts that itemize qualified educational expenses
    • Records of any scholarships or fellowships you received
    • Form 1098-E if you paid student loan interest
  • K-12 Educator Expenses
    • Receipts for classroom expenses (for educators in grades K-12)
  • State & Local Taxes
    • Amount of state/local income tax paid (other than wage withholding), or amount of state and local sales tax paid
    • Invoice showing the amount of vehicle sales tax paid
  • Retirement & Other Savings
    • Form 5498-SA showing HSA contributions
    • Form 5498 showing IRA contributions
    • All other 5498 series forms (5498-QA, 5498-ESA)
  • Federally Declared Disaster
    • City/county you lived/worked/had property in
    • Records to support property losses (appraisal, clean up costs, etc.)
    • Records of rebuilding/repair costs
    • Insurance reimbursements/claims to be paid
    • FEMA assistance information
    • Check FEMA site to see if my county has been declared a federal disaster area

Send your documents to us

Click or drag files to this area to upload. You can upload up to 10 files.

Experts tax services

Contact us

Business Hours


Send us a message


tax preparation punta gorda fl